Monday, October 6, 2014

Thanksgiving Sandwich

I wish Thanksgiving happened everyday. Except for Christmas - that one can stay. I love everything about Thanksgiving - the focus on gratitute, the focus on family, and the focus on food. Growing up, my siblings and I made sure that we had at least 4 big turkey dinners a year since one was not enough. Nowadays, I'm on my own and am too intimidated to attempt to cook a turkey, but the craving remains. This sandwich, this glorious, God-sent sandwich is the solution. It can also be made after the big day to use up leftovers.

Thanksgiving Sandwich

Displaying image.jpeg
One day I will learn how to take pictures of food that will make the viewer's mouth water. For now, please just trust that's it's good. Darn good. 
Ingredients: 
Displaying image.jpeg
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 1 box of stuffing mix 
    • 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick of butter
    • 2 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 can of your favorite cranberry sauce 
  • turkey (I recommend that this be higher quality. We are imitating thanksgiving dinner after all) 
  • mayonnaise

Directions:
    Displaying image.jpeg
  1. Cook the stuffing according to the package directions. This takes about 5 minutes.
  2. Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread. Layer the cranberry sauce, stuffing, and turkey on top. I used thin slices of the cranberry sauce, but if using the kind with berries, the equivalent is 2 tablespoons. I prefer a thick layer of stuffing and 2 slices of turkey. 
  3. Consume with delight


No comments:

Post a Comment