Thursday, October 23, 2014

Brown Sugar Glaze Meatloaf

I love myself a good challenge. I love them so much that I create them on a daily basis, like: accomplish these 6 things before dinner, clip my 2 month old son's toenails even though he's ticklish, create a card that looks store bought, and in this case, create a meatloaf that even kids will enjoy.

This recipe is what I came up with, with the help of Allrecipes.com, my favorite recipe bank. I'm convinced that I beat the challenge, but let me know what you think.

Brown Sugar Glaze Meatloaf

Displaying IMG_0114.JPG
I never knew how important nice plates would be when taking food pictures. Next challenge: buy some pretty plates.

Ingredients:


Meatloaf:
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3/4 cups breadcrumbs or finely crushed Saltine crackers 
Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Optional: 1 1/2 slices of bread on the bottom of the sprayed loaf pan to absorb excess grease, bacon on top

Makes: 1 5x9 loaf of meatloaf

Directions:


   1.  In a medium mixing bowl, mix all of the meatloaf ingredients. 

   2.  Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan. Pack the meatloaf into the pan.

   3.  In a small bowl, mix all of the glaze ingredients. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.

   4.  Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until the juices are clear. 

   5.  Enjoy! I preferred the meatloaf all mixed up so that the glaze was in every bite, but it definitely looks better in slices. Either way it's good!


This recipe was made using a compilation of reviews on the Brown Sugar Meatloaf page of Allrecipes.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment